dvdShrink can not find second movie on homemade dvd

English Support Forum for DVDShrink

Postby ERP » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14 pm

I often burn more than one tv programm on dvd for educational purposes. I have used dvdShrink a lot to cut small parts out of these tv programms successfully with dvdShrink. But... when there is more than one "show" on the recorded dvd, dvdShrink does not recognize them. It only shows the last (?) recorded item on the dvd. Is this a problem with "settings" or something specific to homemade dvds? Can it be fixed? Please help!
ERP

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: dvdShrink can not find second movie on homemade dvd

Postby Chetwood » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:50 am

So have you reauthored them with DVD Shrink or recorded them with a digital VCR? The former should open just fine but the latter may not cause these devices often use certain format deviations and Shrink is very picky about the disc being authored to specs.
Chetwood
Site Moderator

Postby ERP » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks for you fast reply! Your answer ensures my that I've not gone mad ;-)
I have used a digital VCR, so that would explain a lot! Could you recommmend "a plan of action" so I can use the already made dvd's in dvdShrink? Maybe a different programm to alter the format? Or should I use a completely different programm with these particular dvd's?
ERP

Postby Chetwood » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 am

No idea since when I don't have recorder, maybe you could remux the files with ProjectX to mpg or something. Check out one of the satellite TV forums, some should have sections on recorders.
Chetwood
Site Moderator

Return to English