Programming Error - Exception Occured - Please Help

English Support Forum for DVDShrink

Postby itzfry » Tue May 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Error 2% in for most or all DVDs using DVDShrink 3.2.0.15

"DVDShrink has encountered and error and can not continue"
"Programming Error - Exception Occurred"

The same time this happens the event viewer within XP shows under the application logs the following, listed twice just seconds apart:

Faulting application dvd shrink 3.2.exe, version 3.2.0.15, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00010f29.

This occurs w/ most or all DVDs mainly around the lower % complete rate. Backing up the DVD with other applications, such as DVD Decrypter, works however I want to use DVDShrink's compression so I do not waste Dual Layer discs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I did check sticky threads and do see some articles related to this, but the symptoms seem unrelated - Please direct me to any threads which might have direction on this issue

Thanks for your time in advance.
itzfry

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby alsemail » Tue May 01, 2007 11:41 pm

You can't do it with Shrink alone as the issue is copyright protection that Shrink cannot get past, but you can run the files DvdDecrypter creates through Shrink to compress them. However DvdDecrypter is not able to do the latest discs either. Both these tools have been shut down by the movie studios hence no work has been done on them.

There is a freeware tool that is up to date and simple to use which is DvdFab Decrypter - http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
Again you just rip the Dvd to your Hard Drive and then run the files it creates through Shrink for compression.
alsemail
Site Moderator

Return to English